IoT has dominated the entire technological world since its advent.
Internet usage has incessantly grown its horizons and spread further than computers, tablets, smartphones as well as laptops.
In the past few decades, people have observed what we now call ‘smart’ devices such as washing machines, Television sets, door locks, toys, cooking appliances and even refrigerators. These smart IoT devices can relate to the internet safely and communicate with each other to relay useful data.
There’s an ever-expanding potential in IoT devices and in the coming days. Consumers expect to observe even more breakthrough in case of business, retail and consumer uses.
IoT Growing Statistics on a Worldwide Scenario
According to HIS statistics, experts anticipate seeing even more IoT integration in various businesses.
IoT smart devices have made its mark in healthcare, medicine and businesses as the global demand for IoT devices have been increasing. Industrial sectors have been utilizing industrial sensors, beacons, in-store analysis and connected manufacturing machines and advanced RFID tags.
After leveraging the tremendous options provided by IoT tech, some industries such as supply chain management and logistics have experienced noteworthy growth.
IoT devices have gained a lot of popularity due to the various consumer who has chosen to depend on IoT wearables. Business sector is not the only thing leading IoT devices to new heights.
Currently, the most famous IoT devices are different types of home devices. Tech giants have revolutionized this niche with advanced IoT devices. It can be easily integrated into one’s home and perform small yet significant tasks perfectly.
The adoption of IoT home devices is slowly reaching its peak as tech companies such as Samsung, Google and Amazon have stepped-up their game.
IoT based wearable devices are a consumer’s all-time favorite as it gives new meaning to enhanced adaptability and connectivity.
Many professionals such as hikers, adventurers, social media celebrities use IoT wearables to achieve their goals.
Through the mass adoption of IoT enabled wearable devices, IoT is expected to reach a wide range of consumers.
Future Applications of the Internet of Things
- When we consider the expansion of the Internet of Things, one may not always expect to see it being used for smart farming. The growing concerns regarding crop production and also the depleting quality of the agricultural sector requires attention and help of advanced technological methods. Usage of IoT based devices for smart farming may enhance the way farmers analyze their products and its requirements at any given time. With IoT tech, farmers can understand info regarding crops, crop’s yields, the infestation of pests, soil nutrition, rainfall. They can strategize the most convenient method to produce healthy crops.
- Hiking and/or trekking professionals use a lot of IoT devices which helps them figure out their position, altitude from sea-level, atmospheric pressure, weather and other such important statistics. Having the aforementioned information before setting out to a risky location may save a person’s life if there’s any sort of life-threatening situation. IoT enabled devices are also being used as preventive measures against chronic ailments in specialized clinics.
- IoT is being integrated into smart lighting control technology. It includes a lot of mesh networking that requires IoT advancements so that several 7devices can easily communicate and streamline an entire process. IoT enabled lighting solution is an in-demand and reliable tech. It is slowly making its way into the smart home scenario. According to the experts working on such tech, it’s designed to save energy in a commercial or a residential setting.
- The evolution of our cities into smart cities will be accelerated due to the Internet of Things. In a smart one would observe automated machines. They can be remotely managed with the help of IoT and function with the data collected through visitor kiosks, video cameras and other such hi-tech surveillance systems.
- Just as the world got used to 4G connection, super-fast internet services and globally accessible network, tech pioneers such as Verizon, Samsung and others started testing 5G networks. It would be a major wireless carrier in the not-so-distant future. Fifth generation cellular wireless connection will provide higher data speed which can be connected to several smart devices.
- IoT enabled homes would require smart connectivity hubs, lighting systems and other such smart appliances. It may use daily for completing basic tasks. Each of this advanced equipment, need higher intelligence to streamline and work smoothly. Artificial intelligence is made for this sort of task. Users may enable their preferences and from their own, it can quickly perceive an individual’s habits, likes and dislikes etc. A.I. is bound to be bigger than it already is and enter all individual’s daily life routine.